Sample Professions Page Widget
Custom content can be placed here through Appearance/Widgets and widget controls can be used to show or hide this widget on different pages or Taxonomies (like on all the Professions Pages, for example)
Program Benefits and Highlights
- Defense Expenses related to Licensing Board Hearings and Other Proceedings: Limit of $35,000 per proceeding is included with NO annual aggregate with an option to increase the limit up to $150,000
- First Party Assault and Battery Coverage: Reimbursement up to $25,000 in medical expenses related to injuries and/or personal property damage caused by a patient or client
- Medical Payments Coverage: Limit of $100,000 for Medical Payments to a patient or client arising from bodily injury on your business premises
- Emergency Aid Coverage: Reimbursement to you up to $15,000 for costs and expenses for medical supplies and lost earnings up to $100.00 due to the provision of volunteer emergency treatment or services
- Punitive Damages Coverage: Limit of $25,000 (where allowable/insurable by law)
- Fire Legal Liability Coverage: $150,000 liability limit for fire damage to third party property
- Premises Liability: Bodily Injury Coverage and/or Damage to property of patients on your
primary office locations(s) with no additional cost
- Information Privacy Coverage (HIPAA): Up to $25,000 defense provided for Federal and
state regulators who investigate you for violations of privacy protections statutes (where
allowed by law)
- Limits up to $2 million per occurrence/$4 million per policy year “Prior Acts” coverage
is available; therefore, it is not necessary to purchase tail coverage to change to our policy
- No Surcharge for Claims, No Deductible and No association membership required
- Individual, group and corporate coverage – separate limits of liability are included
- Broad coverage at affordable rates includes Personal and Advertising Injury Coverage,
Publishing of articles or books and broadcasting activities, Tele-therapy Coverage and
Forensic Practice Coverage
- Unlimited Payment of Defense Expenses is in addition to the Limit of Liability for Professional and General Business Liability Coverages
- Insuring company has an A.M. Best rating of “A” with strong financial stability
- Online application processing and proof of coverage is available same day
- Experienced claims professionals are available to assist with practice related questions
- Knowledgeable customer service representatives are easily accessible by telephone
- Online credit card processing and Vcheck payment are available
Risk Management Services
- Risk Management Consultation Services are accessible for our policyholders with experienced and professional risk managers, on a variety of topics, such as record requests/record retention, privacy questions and other practice related issues
- Online Risk Management and Continuing Education Courses are available with AtHealthCE.com and BehavioralHealthCE.com
(Coverage Features and Discounts are subject to individual state approval and underwriting requirements)
Discounts are available, Please call us!
There is no membership requirement to purchase the professional liability insurance. You are eligible if you hold a minimum of a bachelors degree in the field of social work, providing that you have supervision by a masters level mental health professional, or if you hold a masters degree or above.
American Professional Agency, Inc. is the Program Administer for the Social Workers Professional Liability Insurance program. The program is underwritten by Allied World Insurance Company, a member company of Allied World Assurance Company Holdings, GmbH, a Fairfax Company (“Allied World”).
No, there is no deductible applied should a claim arise.
A claims-made policy will provide professional liability coverage for you for incidents that happen between the effective date and the expiration date of your policy, the claim must be reported while the policy is in force. An Extended Reporting Period Endorsement, or “tail”, is necessary to protect against claims presented after the policy expires.
An Extended Reporting Period Endorsement (ERP) or “tail” allows you to terminate your policy, and still have coverage for future claims that are made based on events that occurred during the time period your policy was in force. The (ERP) is only available when the policy is terminated and it may be obtained for a charge. If you become permanently disabled, or in the event of your death or if you permanently retire the “tail” is offered to you free of charge.
Claims-made liability insurance has small stepped increases during the early years for each individual insured on the policy. Your rates increase for 6 years and then level off or mature. You should not expect additional rate increases on a mature claims-made policy unless you make changes to the policy.
Some states may require that you carry a minimum amount of coverage so it may be best that you check with your state licensing or regulatory board. You may also find that most managed-care entities, hospitals, and facilities require you to carry a minimum limit of $1,000,000 per incident and $3,000,000 aggregate. A limit of liability as high as $2,000,000 per claim/ $4,000,000 aggregate is available (unless a higher limit is required by your state).
Yes, legal defense expenses are included in the policy and are outside of the limit of liability. This means that you still have the full limit of liability for each individual claim.
Yes, provided your total working hours in all positions including your W2-form employment do not exceed 20 hours on an average week. You may exclude your activities as a W2 employee to obtain the part-time rate. The rates are available on our website www.AmericanProfessional.com.
Yes, you will pay less if you are working as a W2-form employee. The rates are available on our website www.AmericanProfessional.com.
Yes, we do offer a discount for the first two years after you graduate. The rates are available on our website www.AmericanProfessional.com.
Yes, the policy can be tailored to the manner in which you practice, however you would not be eligible for the exclusively employed rate. Both part-time and full-time rates are available; the rates are available on our website www.AmericanProfessional.com.
Yes, please call our office at (800) 421-6694 (ext. 2308) to discuss this type of coverage and to obtain a quote.
Yes, there is a $35,000 defense reimbursement limit per incident that is included in the policy; higher limits up to $150,000 are available at an additional charge. If there are no claims or complaints pending and you are not aware of any situation that may arise in a claim or complaint you may select the higher limits when you apply or make the change at a later date. You may obtain this information in the “Forms and Information” section at this link: www.americanprofessional.com/covered-professions/ social-workersno-association-membership-or-dues/
Yes, there is Information Privacy Coverage included in the policy with defense limits up to $25,000 for federal and state regulators who investigate you for violations of the privacy protections statute (where allowed by law).
Premises liability coverage is included in the policy. This coverage is for bodily injury and/or damage to property of patients on your primary location(s). For additional information on Fire Legal Liability, Medical Payments coverage and many other enhancements included in the Social Workers Professional Liability insurance please visit www.americanprofessional.com/covered-professions/ social-workersno-association-membership-or-dues/ and view the brochure for a brief explanation or view the entire policy under “Policies” or contact American Professional Agency, Inc. at (800) 421-6694 or (631)691-6400 (x-2308) for assistance.
There is First Party Assault and Battery Coverage with reimbursement up to $25,000 in medical expenses related to injuries and/or personal property damage caused by a patient or client. Please consult our policy for a full description of the coverage and benefits included.
Yes, risk management consultative services are accessible to our policyholders for a variety of topics such as record requests/record retention, privacy questions and other practice related issues. To contact our knowledgeable risk managers please call (800) 421-6694.
Please contact American Professional Agency at (800) 421-6694 or (631)691-6400 (x-2308) for assistance or you may email us at email@example.com. To obtain forms and applications you may visit our website at www.AmericanProfessional.com. You may also fax to (631) 608-1055.
Please contact the American Professional Agency at (800) 421-6694 or (631) 691-6400 (x-2308) for assistance or you may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. To obtain forms and applications you may visit our website at www.AmericanProfessional.com. You may also fax to (631) 608-1055.
The quickest way to obtain coverage is to fax your application to (631) 608-1055 and we can advise you how to pay by credit card or Vcheck. If you prefer to mail the application and a check (payable to the American Professional Agency, Inc) send it to: American Professional Agency, Inc. 95 Broadway Amityville, NY 11701
Our knowledgeable representatives are available and happy to assist you. Please call our switchboard at 800-421-6694 or 631-691-6400 (x-2308), email us at email@example.com or send a fax to (631) 608-1055. For additional information on Fire Legal Liability, Medical Payments coverage and many other enhancements included please visit www.americanprofessional.com/covered-professions/social-workersno-association-membership-or-dues/ to view the brochure for a brief explanation or view the entire policy under “Policies” or contact American Professional Agency, Inc. at (800) 421-6694 or (631)691-6400 (x-2308) for assistance.
Policy Contract for Arkansas
Risk Management info…
CE Course Providers
Credit Card Payments are accepted on-line only, as we do not accept credit card payments over the phone.
Please call (800) 421-6694 and we will inform you as to how you can pay by Credit Card.
We accept the following:
Now accepting checks online!
Contact us for more information.
As our customers, The American Professional Agency is committed to helping you stay up-to-date with new policies, prices and professional liability news. Feel free to contact us regarding any concerns or needs you may have with your policy or the purchase of a new one.
Hours of Operation
9:00 am – 5:00 pm Eastern Time
Summer Hours: 8:30 am – 4:30 pm Eastern Time
(Memorial day through Labor Day)
Monday through Friday
American Professional Agency, Inc.
Amityville, NY 11701
To speak with a customer service representative, Call (800) 421-6694 or (631) 691-6400. If you can have your account number or policy number with you at the time of the call, it would expedite accessing your request.