(No Association Membership or Dues Required)
In 1969, American Professional Agency created the original Social Workers Professional Liability Insurance program which became the largest leading program tailored for Social Workers in all types of practice settings. Association membership is no longer required in The Social Worker’s Program bringing you great savings, comprehensive protection and a defense reimbursement limit of $35,000 for licensing board complaints included free of charge.
Our account representatives have an outstanding reputation for their expertise and personal service, just ask your colleagues! Policyholders also have access to exceptional risk management services which include practice related inquiries. We have successfully managed over 11,000 claims and potential claims against Social Workers exceeding $150,000,000.
***No membership or dues is required in any association to obtain this insurance.***
If you are a STUDENT please click here to go to the student page.
Sample Professions Page Widget
Custom content can be placed here through Appearance/Widgets and widget controls can be used to show or hide this widget on different pages or Taxonomies (like on all the Professions Pages, for example)
Program Benefits and Highlights
- Defense Expenses related to Licensing Board Hearings and Other Proceedings: Limit of $35,000 per proceeding is included with NO annual aggregate with an option to increase the limit up to $150,000
- First Party Assault and Battery Coverage: Reimbursement up to $25,000 in medical expenses related to injuries and/or personal property damage caused by a patient or client
- Medical Payments Coverage: Limit of $100,000 for Medical Payments to a patient or client arising from bodily injury on your business premises
- Emergency Aid Coverage: Reimbursement to you up to $15,000 for costs and expenses for medical supplies and lost earnings up to $100.00 due to the provision of volunteer emergency treatment or services
- Punitive Damages Coverage: Limit of $25,000 (where allowable/insurable by law)
- Fire Legal Liability Coverage: $150,000 liability limit for fire damage to third party property
- Premises Liability: Bodily Injury Coverage and/or Damage to property of patients on your
primary office locations(s) with no additional cost
- Information Privacy Coverage (HIPAA): Up to $25,000 defense provided for Federal and
state regulators who investigate you for violations of privacy protections statutes (where
allowed by law)
- Limits up to $2 million per occurrence/$4 million per policy year “Prior Acts” coverage
is available; therefore, it is not necessary to purchase tail coverage to change to our policy
- No Surcharge for Claims, No Deductible and No association membership required
- Individual, group and corporate coverage – separate limits of liability are included
- Broad coverage at affordable rates includes Personal and Advertising Injury Coverage,
Publishing of articles or books and broadcasting activities, Tele-therapy Coverage and
Forensic Practice Coverage
- Unlimited Payment of Defense Expenses is in addition to the Limit of Liability for Professional and General Business Liability Coverages
- Insuring company has an A.M. Best rating of “A” with strong financial stability
- Online application processing and proof of coverage is available same day
- Experienced claims professionals are available to assist with practice related questions
- Knowledgeable customer service representatives are easily accessible by telephone
- Online credit card processing and Vcheck payment are available
Risk Management Services
- Risk Management Consultation Services are accessible for our policyholders with experienced and professional risk managers, on a variety of topics, such as record requests/record retention, privacy questions and other practice related issues
- Online Risk Management and Continuing Education Courses are available with AtHealthCE.com and BehavioralHealthCE.com
(Coverage Features and Discounts are subject to individual state approval and underwriting requirements)
Discounts are available, Please call us!
On a new business application, we usually need 1 business day.
Currently we are not open weekends, but you can go online for information.
Credit Card Payments are accepted on-line only, as we do not accept credit card payments over the phone.
Please call (800) 421-6694 and we will inform you as to how you can pay by Credit Card.
We accept the following:
Now accepting checks online!
Contact us for more information.
As our customers, The American Professional Agency is committed to helping you stay up-to-date with new policies, prices and professional liability news. Feel free to contact us regarding any concerns or needs you may have with your policy or the purchase of a new one.
Hours of Operation
9:00 am – 5:00 pm Eastern Time
Summer Hours: 8:30 am – 4:30 pm Eastern Time
(Memorial day through Labor Day)
Monday through Friday
American Professional Agency, Inc.
Amityville, NY 11701
To speak with a customer service representative, Call (800) 421-6694 or (631) 691-6400. If you can have your account number or policy number with you at the time of the call, it would expedite accessing your request.
This is the “Professions Page Bottom Widget”. You can edit this in Appearance/Widgets. More custom content here!